Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 8 15 11:55 PM

Tags : :

Windows XP with fresh install of rFactor, tested rFactor install it's OK. Ran 1.96 install successfully no Historic mod showing.  RFM missing and probably other stuff as HistoricGT_misc folder has only Win7 patch.  Tried install in empty folder same deal.  Downloaded another 1.96 install, same result.  Even installed GTL to make sure GTL disk was kosher.  Any suggestions?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Rantam

#1 [url]

Jan 29 15 9:20 AM

Hi Nick,

well.. it's hard to say what is happening there. Have you followed installation instructions as explained in the manual? Do you have enough disk space (around 10 GB) available in the partition where your OS Temp folder is? In order to install the mod you need to install part1 and part2 of the installer. Are you sure you did it?

Installing the mod without following the steps described in the manual or without using the official installation method/installers may result in incorrect installations. I'm not saying this is the case, but just wanted to let you know about it.

BTW: You don't need to install GTL in order to be detected by the installer.

Regards

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 29 15 6:05 PM

That's an affirmative to all your questions.  Installed GTL cuz my DVD was making funky buzzing sounds while installer was running.  Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a mechanical or media problem.  I've had several versions of Historic installed previously, so what gives on this install?

Last Edited By: NickDeFender Jan 29 15 6:09 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#3 [url]

Feb 5 15 10:07 AM

The installer was created exactly as the previous ones (obviously the content of it is different as it's a different version of the mod), so if you didn't have problems installing the previous ones you shouldn't have problems with this one. I'm afraid to say I don't know how to help you with this issue you're having, sorry :(

Regards

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Jul 5 16 3:30 PM

Really flaky your installer sorry to say.
Never had so many problems as this.
Tried for 3 hours getting the mod to install but it can't recognise my rfactor folder.
I installed the mod into it's own folder but because it couldn't find rfactor,it didn't use the exes or config files.

I read the manual but it was a bit vague.

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#6 [url]

Dec 22 16 6:53 PM

Nothing is perfect, I guess... But a lot of users have been able to install the mod using the Steam version of rFactor. So unless you provide more information about your problem I'm afraid we can't help that much ;)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help