Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 25 14 5:33 PM

Tags : :

Hello HistorX team,

Brake temps for Mercedes 300SL are quite disturbing: (-700,10,60,700) or (-700,10,70,750)
So optimal brake temp is between 10°C and 60/70°C, is it an error, a way to have a desired behaviour, my misunderstanding of those values?

Cedric.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jan 27 17 11:47 AM

Mercedes 300SL, 300 SLR et 300 SLR U brake temps

knackko wrote:
Hello HistorX team,

Brake temps for Mercedes 300SL are quite disturbing: (-700,10,60,700) or (-700,10,70,750)
So optimal brake temp is between 10°C and 60/70°C, is it an error, a way to have a desired behaviour, my misunderstanding of those values?

Cedric.

Yes as a mechanic that has work on brakes of this time the brake temp's are to low. I looked at them in carstat program the upper heat range is at the opamal temp for the brakes of this time any lower will cause the brakes to glase over ie: brake fade.
Also the brakes of the SLR are larger than on the SL ( thus larger wheels) so that they can take more heat. In-fact the two cars are totally different. (like the C7R Corvette Is to the C7 street Corvette!)
the enging displacement is the same, that is the only thing. (ask online at the M-B museum- VERY nice people.)
About the brake over heating problem the values must be changed in the hdv. file for every wheel on the car. ( I am not sure of the right values and will couse missmatch online.)
This is a lot of editing to do. Also the rear tires seem to be cambered in -the outside of the tire heats up faster than the inside. (I use RFE -that could be the problem?)
I still like the cars being in a sim. ( I would like to thank you for including all the 300SL'S and SLR'S)
Just some miner problems. If you would like I could make a new hdv. file with close to the right values.
(PLEASE ONLY SOMEONE WITH HISTORX MOD TEAM contact me on making a new file. I will NOT do it with-out their writen (or valide e-mail) OK!!!!!!!!!! NO EXEPTIONS -I value the hard work that went into this mod....)

Last Edited By: thelandcruzer Jan 27 17 12:05 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 30 17 6:46 AM

I got mad at the the Brake problem. Two hour later I came up with close the actual brake temps.
rFactor must have carbon or ceramic brakes in mind, not old asbestos brakes. The temps are just a little high for asbestos brakes.
I had to use the cooling values from the DB-4 & Daytona to get the right cooling. (I know the Daytona had disk brakes.)
I am just waiting on the approval from the MODDING team to post or look at them.
I repeat I will not release the files with out the teams approval.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help