Remove this ad

Rantam

Site Admin

Lead

Jan 6 10 3:34 PM

Tags : :

Hi all,

just to let you know that HistorX and 'Targa Florio Conversion Team' (they don't have official team, so I'll name them like that) are going to collaborate. Of course we couldn't be more happy about this. If you ever tried the GPL version you already know how good the track is, but you can be sure this rF version is even better!!

Just two things you may want to know,

- "Targa Florio conversion team" has all the rights to convert the track. In fact, together with a very talented group of modders who are bringing this amazing track to rF, both original creators of the GPL version Sergio Loro and Ginetto are part of this conversion/improvement project

- Targa Florio won't be released as part of HistorX mod. But specific cars are being developed with such track in mind

We aren't going to give much more details about it right now, but we would kindly invite anyone who want to help painting or modeling these cars to contact us

Best regards
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Rantam

#5 [url]

Jan 8 10 7:09 PM

Well, it's not really merging both teams, but collaborating where we feel we may help.

Basically they're going to use our cars to test them at their track, and we're going to use their track as test track, so one team can give feedback to the other about their work & share knowledge.

Apart of that we're going to develop a specifically made Targa Car pack, which will include new models ;)

HistorX team always selected the next model to be created using a democratic way: an internal poll. So all votes count the same, no matter who voted, so we all can vote on equal terms and the winning car will be developed.

For this Targa pack, the Targa Conversion team will participate on the voting to select the cars we'll create next

So yes, despite we aren't merging i think this is good news. In the past we tried to collaborate with other modding teams but none of them liked the idea. So, this may be a good example to show that the modding community is not on "autodestruction-mode", as some claim

Regards

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 28 10 11:20 AM

Amazing ... you are going to release a targa florio and historx 2.0 together? Or releases will be separate? When is the release of public historx 2.0?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#14 [url]

Feb 17 11 6:31 AM

Hi,
I was wondering if someone here can tell what is the "dabadaba"- song in the Targa Florio GPL preview video? (Where the windmills of your mind is played before it)
thanks!

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Feb 17 11 3:19 PM

Hiyas! Windmills of your mind from Michel Legrand isn't played in any of our songs, I'm afraid, but the dabada song is from "A man and a woman" french movie. The song is the same tittle, by the way.

"Do the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong." - Colin Chapman

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Feb 18 11 6:37 AM

Hi, thank you for the tip, but this dabadaba is not what I was referring to. I mean the GPL version preview movie by slowmoe.
I asked about it in the gpl forum and did find the name.

The song I was looking for was "South american getaway" by Burt Bacharach and performed by Ron Hicklin singers.
The song appears at least in Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid soundtrack.

Mystery solved

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Feb 18 11 8:36 AM

oh, but that isn't in our soundtracks. Actually I don't know what you are talking about...

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Feb 19 11 1:02 PM

You can say that again, Rantam!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help