Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 7 10 8:45 PM

Tags : :

Hello everyone

I run various leagues under automotosim.com/gpcos and we are starting the Grand Am championship this sunday at Daytona.

I would like to add a pair of tire walls inside the chicane at the back straight.

Can anyone please guide me how to do that ?

I'm able to see the whole track in 3DSimED....
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Rantam

#1 [url]

Apr 7 10 11:22 PM

If you have a copy of 3DSimEd you can put these tire walls in the track easily. Just take the tires from other part of the track and copy them there.

You can also take the tires from other track, saving them as objects (remember to ask permission to use them in such case), and import them to the track. Then save the modified track

Regards

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#3 [url]

Apr 8 10 11:46 PM

Well, this is not a support forum for 3DSimEd or track creation, and despite i'm not the more skilled 3DSE user around here I'll tell you what i'd do:

Select the Erase geometry function (EDIT tab), select all the materials except the one used by these tire walls, and delete them. Now you only should have tirewalls on your screen. Delete all of them except one, exporting it as a rFactor .gmt

Open your track in 3DSimEd, go to PRIMITIVES tab and use Add Object function to load the .gmt you exported before. Your single tirewall will be loaded, just place it wherever you want it to be.

There're other ways to do it, but this is just one of them. For more info check track modelling dedicated forums ;)

Regards

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help