Nice sounding gt40 also !

Wkr

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Rantam

#22 [url]

May 16 08 8:38 AM

Hi again,

sorry for the lack of updates, but we're quite busy trying to have all ready for the scheduled release.

In the meanwhile here's a video created by one of our testers (Gabkicks), showing the mighty Cobra 427 in action. Sadly you can't see him doing heel and toe like mad! (The wheel is a beta of the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo wheel)

Hope you like it!

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

May 19 08 11:41 AM

Yes can't say how realistic this looks.The car looks very tossable,but at the same time requires a lot of attention,so it won't get away so to speak.
Being a long time user of Rfactor,I have just recently put GTR2 on my PC as well.Which brings me to my next question.I noticed how great the GTR2 cars look,but yet they don't seem to have a huge hit on FPS.Will the cars in this mod which were basically based on the Simbin cars also not be a huge hit on FPS?
The only reason I ask this is that the Simbin cars seem to strike a nice balance that looks good,but also helps when running large fields.The Rfactor cars while looking good don't come out as well in that respect.
I'm getting the feeling this mod is very close to being released as more an dmor videos seem to come out almost by the minute now instead of days. Its looking and sounding really good.
Will you be able to run championships like you do in the GTR2?I'm not quite sure If the Rfactor platform lends itself very well to them or not

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Rantam

#31 [url]

May 19 08 12:08 PM

A bit of topic, but I'll try to answer these questions:

- You shouldn't get lower fps with this mod than those you get on GTL. Having more or less the same amount of polys and textures on these cars, and using almost the same graphic engine the result shouldn't be very different. But keep in mind that this depends on the computer, and the level of detail you're using etc. The default installation of the mod will include Hi-Res textures, but we have tested the mod in a field with 100 cars and it worked fine on a computer bought the last year. Other mods have problems with FPS because the models have too many polys, etc.

- Yes, you can run championships with this mod. I guess you're talking about offline championships. The mod will include some, but you may define your own ones just using the notepad. But we're not having cars locked by default, so you won't need to earn money or experience to access a certain championship (that may be easily changed if you want to do it).

Almost anything you see on GTR2 or GTL can be done on rFactor, as they're using basically the same base (ISI's engine), just with slight modifications.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

May 29 08 1:00 PM

Great movie
I can't wait to play this release, fortunatly i already have gt legends and its been on my desk since i first read about this mod.
It looks like this will be the mod for rfactor for me, me and my friends have already had and are still having so much fun with the 2/3 version so the official releas with the extra cars will be raced a lot.
Looking forward to the release and love the movies, you guys are doing an awesome job.
Damn why isn't it late june yet

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#39 [url]

May 29 08 1:22 PM

Yes Bsmooth, is Dijon.

Thanks for your words SarcasmO. We're releasing version 0.9 this week (internally and for testing purposes), just the previous step before going public. We hope all will be fine and we'll still on schedule ;)

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

May 30 08 5:40 PM

Nothing against CSGT,but this version looks to be much better,at least IMHO anyway.I have used the CSGT holiday preview and found sound issue problems,mostly with electronic type beeping and buzzing with downshifts.I did let them know but I really doubt anything will be addressed at this point,but we'll see.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help