Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 28 11 8:59 AM

Tags : :

Hey all,
I'm curious as to what PC audio gear the sound modders were using when they developed the sounds for 1.9?
I'm interested to know what soundcards, amps, speakers, headphones etc were used.

HistorX Season 2 coming Feb 2010

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

tigeraid

#2 [url]

Dec 30 11 6:29 PM

And how about a here-here for that? Easily the best part of the mod... Virtually every car sounds amazing, sounds unique, and in most cases sounds very accurate to the source material.

Guys like Ducfreak can talk 'til they're blue in the face about how the sounds are "made artificially" or "have too much noise or distortion" ... But having driven enough real racecars in my time, I can assure you the in-car, in-driver's-seat auditory experience is second to none in sim racing. Particularly the V8s and the Porsche 904s. The SLRs are amazing as well. Just great, great work.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 30 11 7:40 PM

About the 904, well, the Boxer 4 one...

Why does it sound like a 6 cylinders !? :'(

I mean, you guys probably have your sounds in the Top 3 of what has been done in rFactor, and you're probably on top for that matter, but that 904 sound is really putting me off driving it !

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 30 11 10:45 PM

Re: What gear are the sound modders using?

ORA-Octane wrote:
Hey all,
I'm curious as to what PC audio gear the sound modders were using when they developed the sounds for 1.9?
I'm interested to know what soundcards, amps, speakers, headphones etc were used.

i am using an old soundblaster audigy 2 and more or less headphones only.
my earlier headset was a 5.1 medusa from speedlink, very good concerning sound and power, but really bad concerning workmanship.
i think it was my 3rd or forth and is broken again,
because of that i changed to raptor h2 and a zykon h3 , which dont sound that great, but good enough,
i am still searchin for something better.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 30 11 10:46 PM

tigeraid wrote:
And how about a here-here for that? Easily the best part of the mod... Virtually every car sounds amazing, sounds unique, and in most cases sounds very accurate to the source material.

Guys like Ducfreak can talk 'til they're blue in the face about how the sounds are "made artificially" or "have too much noise or distortion" ... But having driven enough real racecars in my time, I can assure you the in-car, in-driver's-seat auditory experience is second to none in sim racing. Particularly the V8s and the Porsche 904s. The SLRs are amazing as well. Just great, great work.

thanks a lot

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Dec 30 11 10:52 PM

William Levesque wrote:
About the 904, well, the Boxer 4 one...

Why does it sound like a 6 cylinders !? :'(

I mean, you guys probably have your sounds in the Top 3 of what has been done in rFactor, and you're probably on top for that matter, but that 904 sound is really putting me off driving it !

that is caused by the late desicion to include 3 different engines ingame to the 904 .
i was overhauling the tc65 cars at this time and there wasnt enough time untill the release for both tasks.
so with such a lot different sounds i hope you have patience for a upcoming soundpatch for the 904-4 and 908-8

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Dec 31 11 8:23 AM

Re: What gear are the sound modders using?

wolferl wrote:
ORA-Octane wrote:
Hey all,

i am using an old soundblaster audigy 2 and more or less headphones only.
my earlier headset was a 5.1 medusa from speedlink, very good concerning sound and power, but really bad concerning workmanship.
i think it was my 3rd or forth and is broken again,
because of that i changed to raptor h2 and a zykon h3 , which dont sound that great, but good enough,
i am still searchin for something better.

Nice! Thanks for this info. I was very impressed with the sounds, so I thought I'd ask what hardware you were using when mastering it.

I just upgraded to the Xonar Essence STX and a pair of Yamaha HS80's and the sound is incredibly detailed!!

HistorX Season 2 coming Feb 2010

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jan 1 12 9:38 PM

wolferl wrote:
.....so with such a lot different sounds i hope you have patience for a upcoming soundpatch for the 904-4 and 908-8
Good to know that!

Please have a look/listen at 330P external sounds. The power rpm frequency doesn't match the coast somewhere. I didn't look into the files, but it's easily audible, when you lift off. A bit of pitch shifting or just changing the 'natural' numbers in sfx will fix that.

Great job overall. Of course there are small problems here and there, but considering the amount of work done and the overall experience... I recently launched the WSC'70 mod and it was literally painful to listen to after HGT&TC 1.9!
But If i may say something about it: it's not because of the hardware, but the knowledge and hard work of the guy behind those sounds
Exactly!

There's nothing wrong with the car, except it's on fire...

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jan 2 12 3:09 AM

well...all the sounds are great ...bu the only one that I find a bit unrealistic is the ferrari 275 gtb sound... i think is a matter of cleaning or sound resolution...I want to signal this aspect... might be included in the next patch...thanks very much guys

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help