Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 25 12 9:37 PM

Tags : :

Hi, my friend has got a little problem with the installation....... after he has followed the yours passages, when he opens rFactor, appears a little window with these words:
"Error opening MAS file HISTORICAL FIA GT\TC-65\CORTINA\CORTINAWHEELS.MAS".........There aren't all the cars of the game and the ones installed make the game crashed.........Suggestion?

Regards
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Rantam

#1 [url]

Apr 26 12 8:09 AM

Are you sure you did follow the manual instructions? There the installation is properly explained. Apart of that there you can find the most usual problems you may find during the installation.

That particular error sounds to me like:

- You didn't install the mod as administrator
- You didn't have enough disk space in your OS partition to uncompress the installer properly during the installation (you should have around 10GB in your OS partition, apart you'll need that space for the installation itself).
- You didn't install part 1 or 2 of the installer, just one of them.

Regards

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 26 12 12:17 PM

Hi, thanks a lot for your rapid answer.

Yes, I'm sure we follow the manual instruction.

For the other 3 points that you have explaned:

My friend has got only the administrator as profile in his computer.
The disk space is over 365 GB with the game and the mod installed
The second part of the game has been installed automatically right after the first. I can't undestand why the game didn't work Maybe i can uninstall then re-install the mod, but I don't think it works anyway.... What do you think about that? Other suggestions? Again thanks for your answer.

Regards

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#3 [url]

Apr 26 12 12:23 PM

Even if your account is in "administrators" group you have to execute the installer as administrator. To do it put the cursor over the installer file and click the right mouse button. Then select "execute as administrator".

If that also fails try installing part2 manually, also as administrator.

Are you using a standalone installation or are you installing the mod in a rF installation with other mods?

Check also that during the installation the path to your rF folder is set properly.

Kindest regards

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 27 12 11:55 AM

Hello Rantam, I've uninstall r-factor then reinstalled it in my computer and I have installed the mod with no other mods in it, and now it works better than yesterday but... there still aren't all the cars in the game: There are only this cars: Alfa Romeo, AMC, BMW, Chevrolet, De Tomaso, Dodge, Ford, Plymouth and Pontiac. All the car works but not the Alfa Romeo GTA, it occours an error, something like this: "Error Opening MAS file FIAGT/TC-65/GTA/GTA.MAS"

In the Game Data, in Veichles, there are all the car, like also Jaguar, Mercedes, Lotus... but not in the game. What i can do now to make it finally work?

Thanks for your help,

Regards

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Rantam

#7 [url]

Apr 27 12 8:04 PM

Frankly I still don't understand what is happening there, and you have to understand that it's hard to know without being in front of that computer or having more information

Which version of the mod have you downloaded? The official torrent? Have you executed both installer part1 and part2 as administrator (with right now mouse button as I wrote)?

Please go to GAMEDATA\HISTORIC GT FOLDER and let us know the number of files, folders and total size.

Regards

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 26 14 4:18 PM

exactly the same

greatings!

this sounds perfectly bad to me. old topic, unsolved. i sincerely hope, there´s still live in that forum...
i have got a standalone v1.96 finally completely correctly installed (after twice installing not as admin and afterwards deleting ALL the game´s folders WITHOUT uninstalling, including two or so registry entries using ccleaner).

whatever historic car i try to load, it give´s answer: "error opening MAS file" and then the correct path starting with "historical fia gt/" and ending with "/any car.mas"
my startup screan and interface are the default ones by the way...

there is no such folder as "GAMEDATA\HISTORIC GT FOLDER"
the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\historic GT\GameData\Vehicles\HISTORIC GT counts 12862 files, 1402 folders, and a total of 7.972.090.104 Bytes/7,42GB.

i am using windows 7 (64bit) and just recently installed rfactor. i have got the GT legends dvd via amazon: it contained a steam version provided by raceroom...
i have got the hewlett-packard hp 625 laptop:
amd v140 processor 2.30GHz, 2GB RAM and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Graphics.

i really hope, you`re still around here to help me, mr. Rantam :)

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#10 [url]

Jan 29 14 10:13 AM

Hi,

that sounds like an incomplete installation to me. I'm not at home now so I can't check if I got that file count and same size for that folder. But all those .mas errors indicate that somehow the installation was not correct.

I assume you already did it, but first of all please read the installation process described in the mod's manual.

Please also check you got more than 10GB of free space in your OS partition (or where your TEMP folder is located, in the case you moved it somewhere else) before starting the installation. You'll need also 10GB to install the mod, so if both TEMP and HistoricGT are in the same folder you'll need at least 20GB of free space on that partition..

I assume the 1.96 is not corrupted, as otherwise you'd have got a checksum error during the installation.

Oh, and execute the intallers with administrator privileges.

Regards

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Feb 5 14 4:02 PM

however, solved!

I finally got it to work... awesome simulator!

i had done everything closely sticking to the manual several times with enough of free space, but finally realized, that using editor instead of notepad (?) to manipulate the config.ini resulted in saving config.txt. I had to fight the windows 7 writing protection and to save it elsewhere to copy and paste it as admin to the place destined. This would´nt change anything after all.

After becoming slightly more familiar with rFactor, i realized it might be a good idea to change in the players menu to the historical fia gt mode, so i was invited to restart the game and got the new error message: "gMotor 2 Error - Error loading mesh file shwfloor2.gmt to memory". This would also regularly pop up, if i tried to change the car. After restarting the game everything was as it was before without any change. I tried the changes by menu and restarting for several times without effect until finally it just worked without any noticeable reason.

Meanwhile i am having the same problem in my main rFactor installation, the program not even able to load another track than the last used, same car, same track, no changes possible. Restarting without effect. Since i still did not achieve anything in that game, i am about to just reinstall.

I suspect the problems may have been caused by the windows seven administration rights management and the writing protection, since this is the only thing i changed recently.

Thanks for that great adaption!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help