Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 12 12 12:31 PM

Tags : :

I am not sure if its only me that noticed that in this mod version most of the cars do not lock front wheels when braking hard...in my opinion its a huge problem because it feels like they have some kind of ABS system which is unacceptable for a simulation of these vintage cars...Also it gives an unfair advantage for drivers who choose to pilot such an "abs" car (like the camaros for example)...please fix this problem and issue an update.
Thanks.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 12 12 5:41 PM

Well, for 1.0 we clearly overdid it the other way around, didn't we? but take into consideration that these are not modern cars, and neither are the brakes. This is why they're not as sharp as modern day cars. We know how they should feel. Many among us have driven race cars now and even some do with the older ones.

Yes, not all of the cars lock up all of the time, but mostly do, especially on cold tires and brakes, or if you trail brake. This was exactly what we aimed for.

Be also aware of the brake overheating temps, cars do brake worse over 600ºC than when they are around 300. Just as they should IRL.

Also, did you notice that you can increase in almost every car the brake pressure value for having this effect? Right now they are set for the best compromise between being easy to modulate and believe it or not effective in braking distance.

I also hope that you are not using the brake pedal like a button. If so, you're only overheating the brakes and reducing the braking efectiveness. Usually up to 2/3rds of the pedal movement gives you the most effective braking and generates a bit less heat. Again, just as IRL.

And no, this will not be fixed in any update. We might just release a small patch for small bugs like one of the Mini's gear ratios bug and such, but nothing else. It's time to move on ;)

Regards ;)

"Do the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong." - Colin Chapman

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 12 12 6:08 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply. I was just driving the shelby daytona and on this car the brakes lock just as they should when you slam on them at 100 mph, but other cars like the camaro the brakes wont lock up no matter how hard you brake even with 100% brake pressure setting. Is this the way a vintage camaro should behave under braking?
Thanks again.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 13 12 1:10 AM

Well, if you are referring to the 67 (we got 67, 68 and 70), then yes, that particular car was hindered with brake issues in that particular year.

We found several info on this regard, it seems it's the main reason behind not winning the championship that year (won '68 and '69, if memory serves...).

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 13 12 5:07 PM

Unfortunately, all camaros suffer with this problem including the 68 and 70 models. If you do a quick test drive you can confirm it very easily. Also, it seems that this issue is not affecting only the camaros, but other cars too like the javelins for example, and many more from other classes. Actually the javelin seems to have the best "ABS" system of all !!!
Could this be the reason why people that drive javelins win races and championships all the time by taking advantage of this problem and using it as a "driving aid"?!?

PS: I wonder if any of the cars were tested for this issue before this version of the mod was released. If not and you need help, I could even volunteer and test all the cars for this particular problem if an update is to be released soon.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 13 12 7:59 PM

interceptor, I go back to my first post. Not going to write it over again.

And yes, we tested them for over 4 years of developing the mod, besides when making them, most of the team members every Friday, and then some more on our free time.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Sep 14 12 5:17 PM

Then how come so many cars suffer with this issue? I don't understand why you wouldn't try fixing something that is not right when you discover it. Software development is all about testing and correcting even more so in a simulation.
My offer still stands if you need help with the car testing.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Hugh Jarse

#7 [url]

Sep 14 12 10:37 PM

Well, it has to be at your end mate, I can lock brakes.
Longer you drive and the harder you use the brakes, this of course raises temps and break fade occurs and lock ups will be harder to achieve.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 15 12 5:00 PM

Hugh Jarse wrote:
Longer you drive and the harder you use the brakes, this of course raises temps and break fade occurs and lock ups will be harder to achieve.

Actually there is no lock up with cold brakes! I tested the cars at Monza fresh of the pits slamming the brakes as hard as possible at 100 mph on the main straight before the first corner. Please try it for yourself and see and if you can lock it under these conditions!

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Sep 18 12 12:56 AM

interceptor wrote:
Hugh Jarse wrote:

Actually there is no lock up with cold brakes! I tested the cars at Monza fresh of the pits slamming the brakes as hard as possible at 100 mph on the main straight before the first corner. Please try it for yourself and see and if you can lock it under these conditions!

Just did that with the Javelin, default setup, Monza (GPC79). Slammed on the brakes at 160 km/h (~ 100 mph) straight out of the pits and locked up the front right tire without probs. As Hugh Jarse wrote, it seems to be at your end...

Greetings from Lübeck, Germany
Fabian

DRINK COFFEE!!! Do stupid things faster and with more energy!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help