Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 6 13 4:44 PM

Tags : :

I am curious about your general approach regarding RF2. The team published the 300SLR screenshot on FB, but apart from that it is absolutely quiet. I would be very interested in some information regarding the plans of porting HistorX over to RF2 and the issues connected to that.
Since you (in my opinion) pushed the RF1 possibilities as far as possible and close to perfection with 1.95, i am interested how you deal with the new tire and engine model in RF2 and what you generally think about the new options so far. I am sure you worked with RF2 for quite a while now...

Would you mind to share some information? I am really looking forward get some update. Don't get me wrong, i am specificially not asking for any release dates whatsoever, i am just curious about the process itself and the problems or options involved.

CU Olaf
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 9 13 3:42 AM

Well, rF2 is still in beta progress and as you have seen, we have tinkered around with it.

We hope that the full program and features are available for us modders ASAP to properly have the chance to see if this is still the best modding platform as rF1 was.

We are very excited as this is not the only modding friendly tittle that will be available in the future and, as with rF1, we are not so concerned about dates or how many cars we'll have on the release.

As always, our main concern will be the quality of our whole mod and it will probably take us more time than other groups, as we are still a very small effective team.

Thanks for your interest and a Happy New Year from all the HistorX Team.

;)

"Do the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong." - Colin Chapman

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 5 13 4:08 PM

From my point of view , i think ISI and rFactor2 make things to get really close to th real driving sensations. Of course "graphicly" talking today, maybe other platform can offer better results.But ISI works still in progress.........The better still to come.....

;)

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#5 [url]

Mar 13 13 12:02 PM

Well. Assetto Corsa looks very good so far. But moving a mod from one game to other is not that easy. Not only because we should have to convert everything to it, but because we don't have a clue about how to mod it, the way physics are programmed and so on. The learning curve would be step, and having to learn a totally different engine would mean that we'd need a lot of time to learn to use it to the level we do with gMotor.

Both games are in beta status yet, so... :)

Regards

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 18 13 1:47 AM

Well I really dislike the way mods are packaged, dsitributed in rf2.. how do you guys cope with v,rfmods? Do you think it's a good step ahead and that it won't slow down work on hx2.0 ?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Apr 28 13 3:28 PM

Hello Rantam,

do you guys plan to release anything beta from HistorX 2.0? rF2 evolves and takes significant steps forward, although slowly (in my opinion). Since there is no real "finished" release announced, it would be interesting when you find rF2 mature enough to release anything of HistorX quality?

CU Lbird

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#11 [url]

May 13 13 2:45 PM

Hi,

yes, rF2 beta stage is being a bit too long and slow. We do agree on that :)

Regarding a beta of HistorX for rF2 I have to say that we do have some cars already in rF2, but as it's on development phase yet and some critical stuff is being changed we've decided to hold most of the development until things are more or less stable (among other reasons). Just think about physics, for example: it's already complex just considering doing them for a game which is already released. So creating physics while the physics engine is being modified would force us to re-check or/and re-do them when they release a new version of the game. That's too much work for a process which is already a huge amount of work... So be patient, because there won't be a beta of the mod at least until rF2 is released :)

Regards

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Dec 28 14 9:56 PM

Now that rF2 is no longer in beta and AC has come out with v1.0, has anyone's mind been changed about the platform for the HistoriX conversion? IMHO AC would be the better choice because it forces you to use the clutch and h-shifter, but there's no doubt that rF2 has the better racing features.

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#13 [url]

Jan 29 15 10:36 AM

Well despite I like AC a lot I have to say that I still consider rF2 as the way to go. The reasons behind are all those features that AC didn't get (night/day transition, rain, liveroad..) but also the way the cars feel on the steering wheel and how they behave on track. But that is my personal opinion and other team members may have other view.

Anyway, there's no official statement about that so far, I'm afraid, sorry ;)

Regards

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help