Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 13 13 4:48 PM

Tags : :

The rear brake cooling of the Ferrari 365 Daytona GTB/4 LM is to weak, causing brake fade really easily. Compared to the other cars it's off by a factor 5.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 17 13 7:41 AM

Well, I don't really know what do you mean by a factor 5, but in real life they probably weren't all the same either.

Consider it part of the trait of the car and try to adapt your driving style to save the brakes.

If you always press the pedal to the full it will not only brake worse, it will generate much more heat.

Try to use 70% and you will see how the car brakes better and the brakes don't overheat as easily.

We hope that you are enjoying the mod.

"Do the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong." - Colin Chapman

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 17 13 1:07 PM

Thank you, it's a great mod. I enjoy Historic very much racing it in a league.

This is what I mean being off by a factor 5, the second parameter - cooling from speed.
Daytona: BrakeCooling=(0.0165,0.0000375)
Corvette: BrakeCooling=(0.015,0.000125)
Pantera: BrakeCooling=(0.0165,0.000125)

We have fixed it ourself in the hdv and that makes the Daytona brake temperatures more even and the braking power more balanced. With the heavy weight of the Daytona it need all the brakes it can have to be fun and competitive to drive.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 18 13 4:09 AM

It's funny that you say that, since if you have made the value of the Ferrari the same as the others, what you have done is actually REDUCE the brake cooling

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Jan 18 13 11:48 AM

No, the above mentioned numbers are the original cooling parameters in the mod, v1.95. We have modified these numbers so the Daytona have the same cooling as the other cars. The original Daytona cooling value (0.0000375) is less than the other cars (0.000125). A higher value means better cooling.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 18 13 8:00 PM

Oh yeah I misread the added zero, sorry.

OK. Well, you are the first people that have complained about it. We'll have a look.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 20 13 3:50 AM

No worries. We have fixed it to our liking in the version we are playing. Just wanted to mention it so you guys can check if it was made so by intention.

:driving:

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help