Tags : :
- Preexisting Installs:
DVD version rFactor 1.255 (does not have or require Activation Code) installed to default
C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor
- Required Software:
1. DVD version rFactor 1.255
2. DVD version of GT Legends
3. Part 1 and 2 of Historic GT 1.90 install files
4. Historic GT 1.95 Patch install file
5. Historic GT 1255 Lite install file
6. For my own use - a NoDvd rFactor 1.255 executable file (so I can run the program w/o DVD)
Step by step install instructions
Note: This may sound weird, but I used bits from both Historic GT installation instructions
“Standalone installation method” and “rFactor mod installation method”
from the pdf Historic GT manual (HGTTC_1.95_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf).
* Change Compatibility settings for all required install files to Windows 7 and run as administrator.
* Place both Part 1 and 2 of Historic GT 1.90 install files in the same directory
(in my case C:\Temp\ HistoricGTv19)
* Install rFactor lite to C: root
This was done to have a reference on what files were needed in the upcoming Historic GT install.
It doesn’t matter under what dir name just so it is not same as existing install.
* Install another full install from retail DVD on rFactor Ver. 1.255 in a separate directory from preexisting fFactor retail install.
In my case to C:\Program Files\rFactor
This is where I will install the Historic GT mod.
This was done so that I wouldn’t run into problems that arose when I tried installing Historic GT to a demo version of rFactor and then to a Lite version of rFactor both of which request Activation Code which does not come with or required with the DVD version of rFactor 1.255.
* Remove unwanted files from the new full retail rFactor install in C:\Program Files\rFactor.
Compare all directories/files of the new full rFactor retail(C:\Program Files\rFactor) install to the rFactor Lite install.
Remove all files from new full retail rFactor install that aren’t in
the rFactor Lite install(C:\rFactor).
* Place GT Legends install disk in DVD tray
* Install Historic GT using the “rFactor mod installation method”
to the new rFactor Full retail Ver. 1.255 that you installed in C:\Program Files\rFactor
per instructions in the HGTTC_1.95_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf
Page 12 under “If you didn’t had v1.0 of the mod installed”, since ours is Ver. 1.255.
* Followup the installation using the post install instructions for “Standalone installation method”.
Follow Steps 5 – 11 of the instructions for the “Standalone installation method” instructions on page 11 of HGTTC_1.95_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf. Screenprint of instructions(only do steps 5 – 11).
* Run the game for 1st time from the new short cut in the Start Menu either from Windows 8 metro or Windows 7 style Desktop.
The first time I started the Historic GT version I chose the Historic GT cars from the very short list of choices.
Then a Historic GT pop up box instructed me to restart the game.
I restarted the game and from then on you should have 2 good full installs of the DVD 1.255 version of rFactor,
one the original you had before in C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor
the new one in C:\Program Files\rFactor
which has all Historic GT vehicles, etc.
and points to all the tracks that you have in the preexisting
C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor DVD install (recall edit “TracksDir=” in new config.ini).
(line removed by moderator)
Uninstall rFactor Lite
I documented this for my own use because I think I tried every combination of installs form several sources, and as a last resort and some desperation figuring, I tried this and this was the only one that worked perfect and had no issues.
If someone else is having the frustration I had, maybe this might work for them.
Last Edited By: Rantam Jan 7 14 3:09 PM. Edited 2 times