Remove this ad

Rantam

Site Admin

Lead

Jan 7 14 11:09 AM

Tags : : ,

Hi,

we have found that if you have installed Steam's GTL in a different disk partition than Steam's client the v1.96 installer is not able to detect it properly. If that is the case please do the following:

- Install Steam's GTL in the same partition where Steam's client is. You may unninstall GTL once the mod had been installed if you want.

If you have further problems please let us know.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Kindest regards

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 8 14 5:12 PM

Hello. Im new to this mod. I just downloaded the installers and it wont recognize GTL. I bought GTL on Steam a long time ago.

My rFactor folder is in C:/Prrograms (x86)/HistoricGT

My GTL folder is in C:/Prrograms (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common

Is this the right way?

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 26 14 6:38 PM

Sorry, put this also else were and messaged you
Hi
I bought today the Steam version of GTL, from my Laptop, instaled it to an external disk and then copied it to my Desktop PC where I have my sims but I don't have internet in that PC.
Then I tried to install the HistorX1.96 but it said I didnt have a legitim inataled and activated Steam GTL.
I can send you proofs of my bought of GTL from Steam, if needed, as wll as my activation code (btw never asked by the GTL (?))
I can play GTL, from the folder SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\GT Legends clicking in GTL.exe, without it asking for the activation code.
But I can´t install HistorX 1.96 yhat is why I bought GTL from Steam.
I would be very gratefull if you could help me.
Thank you very much!

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#3 [url]

Jan 29 14 9:39 AM

Hi guys,

in order to detect Steam's GTL the installer needs it to be installed in the default Steam's folder. If you install it anywhere else it won't be able to recognize it properly. This also means that Steam's client must be installed in the computer where you want to install the mod.

Check your PM inboxes. I've forwarded you the steps you must follow in order to verify your Steam GTL.

Regards

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 29 14 7:59 PM

Good evening .
I do not still manage to install(settle) this mod steam is on a hard disk called protection(saving) except for of the hard disk C and to rfactor is on the hard disk C. GTL is in Steam is the hard disk C and when I throw(launch) the installation, he tells me that I have to throw(launch) at least once GTL and have played it, except that I have already played GTL on steam but he does not want to recognize him(it) I do not know why hoping that you can help me.

Cordially

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 15 14 9:52 PM

I'm having the same issue. I sent a PM to Rantam and then realised he hasn't signed on since 2/25. Can someone who has gotten the instructions from him forward them to me?

Edit: Already fixed.

Last Edited By: Rantam Mar 20 14 1:19 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 24 14 10:26 PM

Hi,
I'm having the same problem as those above. I have a steam copy of GTL installed in a different HD to where steam is. All my games are on a separate HD because my system is on a SSD and I don't want to use up valuable space. I've logged onto steam to see if I can install a second copy of GTL on my C drive but it won't let you do that.

Therefore can you let me know what the workaround is?

Thanks,
W.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 19 14 3:11 PM

Hi Rantam...

I have rFactor original game (digital version) in drive D... /Giochi(x86)/rfactor and GT Legends original game (cd version) in drive D too... /Giochi(x86)/GT Legends but when I try to install Historic GT and Touring Cars Mod I have the same problem as many other, installation does not recognize GT Legends and I can not continue to install this mod!

There is a solution to this problem?

I have also another question... I own these files in my pc to install the mod:

- HistoricGTv19_Part1.exe
- HistoricGTv19_Part2.exe
- HistoricGT_v19_to_v195_patch.exe
- HistoricGT_v196_Part1.exe
- HistoricGT_v196_Part2.exe

I can directly install the new version 1.96 or first I need to install the previous version 1.9 and the 1.9 to 1.95 patch?

I await news and many thanks for your reply!

FIX THE PROBLEM... Finally I will be able to install and enjoy this fantastic mod ! image

Last Edited By: Drkruntz Jun 20 14 4:15 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Aug 17 14 12:39 PM

Hi. I'm new to this mod also. I've launched GTL from Steam a number of times but still get the error when installing v1.96. "It seems you have never played Steam's GT Legends. You need to run it at least once before installing this mod." I'm running Windows 8 x64 with a single partition and the apps installed as shown below.

My rFactor folder is in C:/rFactor.Historix.v196

My GTL folder is in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common

Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Sep 24 14 1:56 PM

Help

Hello  after lots off struggling  i finally  got it installed right.  it also starts up nicely  only have 2 problems 

1 i cant find anywhere  Userdata_Yourprofile    not in riginal rf folders  or in the new install folders

2 i cant change the  config.ini   cause if i want to save the dir,change  TracksDir=C:\Program Files(x86)\rFactor\GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\   it tells me   access  denied

cna somebody help me with this , Thanks

Finally found out how to change config.ini   but i dont get the tracks  from  my original rf1    grrrrrrrrr

Last Edited By: Peter S Sep 24 14 9:41 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 5 14 7:25 PM

Signed up since I'm having the same problem as well. I read through the documentation regarding installation, went off and bought GT Legends on Steam and when I try to install it I get the same error of "It seems you have never played GT Legends." and it closes. I started up the game, made a profile and played through the first few series to save a profile but the mod still says that I've never played it.

My GT Legends installation folder is the default Steam location, or C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/GT Legends.
The folder I'm trying to install the mod to is a lite install I set up specifically for this mod at C:/Games/HistorX/rFactor.

Could I get some assistance please? I've tried reinstalling and moving folders to the Documents/GTL folder but that hasn't fixed it.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Nov 6 14 9:53 AM

Help! Can't Install Mod

Hi Guys,

Like many others above I am having trouble installing the v1.96 mod for rFactor.
I believe that I have everything setup correctly and in the right folder directories below:

My rFactor lite installation is in folder C:/Programs (x86)/HistoricGT
My GTL folder is in C:/Programs (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#15 [url]

Jan 29 15 9:56 AM

Peter S wrote:
Hello  after lots off struggling  i finally  got it installed right.  it also starts up nicely  only have 2 problems 

1 i cant find anywhere  Userdata_Yourprofile    not in riginal rf folders  or in the new install folders

Finally found out how to change config.ini   but i dont get the tracks  from  my original rf1    grrrrrrrrr

There's no "Userdata_Yourprofile" folder. You should have a folder inside Userdata with the name of your profile in the mod. In my case it would be "UserData/Rantam". If you don't have just start the game and create a new profile.

OCNRP

Signed up since I'm having the same problem as well. I read through the documentation regarding installation, went off and bought GT Legends on Steam and when I try to install it I get the same error of "It seems you have never played GT Legends." and it closes. I started up the game, made a profile and played through the first few series to save a profile but the mod still says that I've never played it.

My GT Legends installation folder is the default Steam location, or C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/GT Legends.
The folder I'm trying to install the mod to is a lite install I set up specifically for this mod at C:/Games/HistorX/rFactor.

Could I get some assistance please? I've tried reinstalling and moving folders to the Documents/GTL folder but that hasn't fixed it.

Weird... the installer should detect your Steam's GTL installation and allow you to install the mod. Note that If you get that installer error then the mod won't be installed, and that's why it doesn't work. Please check the private message I've sent you.

hobbo88
Hi Guys,

Like many others above I am having trouble installing the v1.96 mod for rFactor.
I believe that I have everything setup correctly and in the right folder directories below:

My rFactor lite installation is in folder C:/Programs (x86)/HistoricGT
My GTL folder is in C:/Programs (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Please check your PM inbox you too

JugeI can't installI have same problem. Can't install GTL on C because there is no room for it. What can I do?

Well... you can always install Steam's GTL in other partition/disk, but the mod's installer may have problems detecting it. Please check your PM also

Regards

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Feb 21 15 3:06 AM

I have just made a fresh download to a new PC and now it wont recognize my Steam account GTL and says I have to run GTL ...which I have many times. All on th
e same partition re download. Help please

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help