Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 11 14 2:04 AM

Tags : :

Hi there

First let me say thanks for all the work you guys do in creating this, I was so looking forward to it before I loaded version 1.90 RFV 1.255.

I did that because I cannot get a Torrent download to work on my XP SP2 games machine for version 1.96.

I wanted the MOD because it has the TVR Griffith 200 in it, I am a racecar driver and like to get cars modded to actually represent the cars times at my local track.

Problems:

1) The install took over my RFACTOR game completely and it only works in Historic mode now, I cant get it back to how it was or get other cars.

2) The deinstall was tried, from control panel, but sais its already deinstalled, but it isnt!

3) Then I cant even send an email to anyone because you hang out on this not widely used forum.

4) THEN the install F...ks up all my setups because its installed Realfeel and its a disaster, sure the instructions explain about optimising them, BUT %@%*! it should work better than it does to start with.

5) A simple test with a "G" meter up shows the cars are not cornering at the speeds they should, its 40-50% less traction in many circumstances.

Heres someones view of tuning up realfeel:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/614-rFactor-Better-FFB-Tutorial

As an arcade version maybe its ok as is, but its not what I wanted.

As a check I even swapped R888 tires onto the Griffith with no change apparent, when I look in the Susp file I see whoever made it has it as a live axle with two lower links and a weird angled bar on the top of the diff, the Griffith is actually independant by wishbones, at least they got the wheelbase right!

However I was happy with the paints and sounds of the Griffith

So here is what I would like answered?

a) Will 1.96 fix these issues, if so where can I get an RAR download

b) How do I get back to my original Rfactor config

c) How can I uninstall this version

d) Has anyone got Realfeel working correctly

e) Does anyone have a correct Griffith

f) Does the Historic mod purposly lower the "G" capability the tires can actually do?

Hoping you can help otherwise its all been pointless so far and I could not recomend anyone applying the MOD.

Regards

Kevin

Wellington

New Zealand

Last Edited By: Rantam Jan 23 14 1:16 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 12 14 3:39 PM

v1.96 still has the live rear axle and relatively low grip tyres.

The TVR Griffith in GT Legends has independent rear suspension and a bit more grip but I assume you don't like that either or you wouldn't be trying this mod.

Last Edited By: MiniCooper Jan 12 14 4:06 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Rantam

#2 [url]

Jan 23 14 1:12 PM

Hi,

first of all let me tell you that you should have got the latest version available, not the (now quite outdated) v1.9. Thousands of users have already downloaded and installed v1.96 using Bittorrent without any issue. But anyway, there're some http mirrors around also that you may use:

http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6102

Now, I have to say it's a pity not having met you during the development of the mod. We were lucky enough to have feedback from real drivers/owners of some of the cars present in the mod, but I'm afraid it wasn't the case of the TVR. But let's go through those points you wrote:

1) The install took over my RFACTOR game completely and it only works in Historic mode now, I cant get it back to how it was or get other cars.

Not sure if you read the mod's manual instructions about how to install this mod, but if you did it you already knew we strongly recommend to use a standalone rF installation for it. But even if you merged it with your common rFactor installation you should be able to switch to other mods using the button available in the main screen for such purpose.

2) The deinstall was tried, from control panel, but sais its already deinstalled, but it isnt!

Can't recall right now if v1.9 included an uninstaller, but even if it did I'm almost sure it won't uninstall the mod correctly. In the mod's manual you'll find instructions about how to unninstall this mod manually (or any previous version of it).

3) Then I cant even send an email to anyone because you hang out on this not widely used forum.

Well, for sure this forum is not eye-candy or is as widely used as Lady Gaga's, but yes we keep an eye on it, as you see :)

4) THEN the install F...ks up all my setups because its installed Realfeel and its a disaster, sure the instructions explain about optimising them, BUT %@%*! it should work better than it does to start with.

As explained in question 1 you should have done a standalone installation if you didn't want this mod to affect your common rF installation and mods. And you're one of the very few people that seems to dislike how Realfeel feels in this mod, which is odd, considering thousands think it's way better than rF's canned FB effects. I hope you really configured it properly. All you need to know about how to do it is the mod's manual also, yes.

5) A simple test with a "G" meter up shows the cars are not cornering at the speeds they should, its 40-50% less traction in many circumstances...As a check I even swapped R888 tires onto the Griffith with no change apparent, when I look in the Susp file I see whoever made it has it as a live axle with two lower links and a weird angled bar on the top of the diff, the Griffith is actually independant by wishbones, at least they got the wheelbase right!

We built the physics of the TVR with the information we got from the Internet, as we didn't have real feedback for this specific car (which besides is pretty uncommon). How accurate is that depends on many factors (starting with the accuracy of the data we got). Now It's Neels_at_home the one behind the physics, so only him can give you specifics about it.

Hope this answer your questions well enough. Install v1.96 and give it a fair chance (despite it seems that you're only interested in the TVR it includes much more than that). Keeping in mind we did this for free (and it took us seven years..) and with less resources than we wanted (including that none of us drove a TVR or had contact with any driver/owner who could give us proper feedback). I hope next time you post about this mod here you may want to change that "massive disappointment" with a "good enough for a bunch of amateurs who are trying to do their best" :)

Regards

Pd. Please note I've edited your first post ONLY to change the format of the topic to lower case.
Pd2. I've also moved this thread to a most convenient section (1.96/support)

Last Edited By: Rantam Jan 23 14 1:29 PM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help